Updates on Oct28 – Nov6 vacation…

Here’s the update at last:

Oct28 – arrival in Manila, the drive from the Airport to Batangas brought back my memory to the time when I was still a student in Manila and commuting back to the province on a weekly basis. I saw again the familiar sceneries and was pointing out to Iel all the landmarks that I used to gauge on whether I am near home already. With all the current flaws I still miss the place and was so glad to be back…..


Oct29 – The night before was raining and it was nice again to hear the sounds of rain through my bedroom window, to me it was soothing…I used to love listening to the sounds of the rain against the roof and watching it from my bedroom window while lying on the bed…

I was awake by 5am already; imagine that!! I feel rested though…by mid morning it was still raining and the kids want to go out, still feels good to be home....

By lunch time, reality check kicked in heehehe, imagine we went to see Vince pediatrician and we drive Johnny baby (our old red car), the petrol is 39p per liter…wow men!!! When I left the phils it was only 11p per liter…grabe…

Evening time went to SM Batangas with the kids, treat them out for makan and a bit of shopping spree, bought also the WOW magic sing, (sus….i-ka-carreer na ang pag awit pagbalik sa Singapore heh..)



Oct30 – Friends from AdU (Mhy, Allan, Angie) came by to see me. We did not go out this time and just laze around the house catching up on all our life’s happenings so far. Various topics were discussed; married life, financial difficulties, raising kids, blessings that came by, etc, etc….

Allan birthday was on Nov1 so it was a small birthday celebration too, he’s now working at the same consultancy job he’s been doing before, works in Cavite but lives in Laguna, still single though. I really hope he’ll fine his soul mate already as he is not getting any younger huh….

Mhy is still working as a Registrar. I admire her because she had so many career changes and still excel in whatever she did. We never did have the time to discuss how she is doing with her boyfriend….kulang sa oras but still I am so glad that I always see her whenever I go for vacation, siguro it helps na she is still single and therefore wala pang asawa na pang abala sa lakwatsa ng barkada hehehe…

Angie who last I saw was on my wedding day 4yrs ago just recently gave birth to the 3rd child. And she was telling us the medical attention that the baby has to go through at 10days old, imagine that…she has so many kuentos and through it all I couldn’t help but admire her on helping her sister financially, on her being wise on money spending and the way she handles her kids; teaching them to be responsible at an early age and teaching them the value of saving money if they want to buy what they want….kudos to you dear friend….

I’m proud to say that I’ve been friends with these guys for quite a long time already…we started out as university friends and grow into a much deeper friendship that spans 18yrs and still going…friends for life talaga which you will find very rare these days…I miss some who did not go with them that day due to different commitments, still wish I could see them all…maybe someday again…


Oct31 – We went to Lipa for Tay’s check-up (check-up turns out well, no health problem though he was advised to quit smoking)….

Drop by also to see bespren May, eto ang matatag, kung yung mga taga AdU ay 18yrs of friendship, si May ay going to 22yrs now…wow half of our life already…eto rin si bespren ang hindi puede na hindi ko kitain every time na umuwi ako, I really do the effort of always seeing her in Lipa….dami rin kuento, tawa pa rin kami ng tawa….para ulit mga tinedyer dun sa boarding house ni Nanay Luisa sa otso otso siete centro street, espana…


Nov1 All Saint’s day, at ke aga aga ko sa palengke, bumili ng bulaklak and by 9am pumunta na kami sa sementeryo to pay respect. Si Mamay Primo pala was dead already for 24yrs; he died on June 8, 1981. He was born on May 6, 1911.
Tiyo Tutoy was dead for 29yrs already, he died on July 27, 1976 and he was born on Dec 8, 1949. It was sometime ago when I last visited their tomb…I also went to see my other lolo and lola, brought them all flowers, light candles for each and offered some prayers for their souls….

By mid afternoon I feel so full, ate too much “tutong”, Inay always cook this during this time, even all my aunts have this dish every Nov1, I really don’t know the significance heh…it’s glutinous rice cooked in coconut cream with black beans. Here it was, not a good pic though but truly delicious…




Nov2 – went again to SM with the kids, do some shopping, and bought some groceries. I was with Wena, Jolo, Iel, Rigor, Malou and Vince. We all had a grand time.

Btw, every day I never fail to eat “utaw”, ate too much during my stay. It’s one of my favorites. Soya beans sa ingles tapos nilaga lang...


Nov3
– day tripping to see Greenwoods South, decided to buy a lot for our future home. Hopefully by mid next year we can start construction…. (Actually crossing all the fingers, including hubby’s)

Nov4 – just stay at home and winding down from too many activities per day. Dinner was at Wena’s place, inihaw na tilapia at bulanglang na gulay, tsalap!!!

Nov5 – went to see Claire who just arrive from Oz, had a great time with her though very short. Dun kami kumain sa karinderia ni kuya nya….pritong isda at gulay na sariwang mais…


Yan ang mga pagkain na na-miss ko talaga, araw araw yata galunggong ang request ko hehe, tsaka bulanglang na gulay…

Nov6 – flight back to Singapore huhuhu and back to the mines na ulit….

Haba nito, pero at least natapos ko….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lipat Bahay na….

Another Lunch...

Fiesta sa Bauan